Essex dating gary london football german
The road quickly became the main route from London to Cambridge and East Anglia, and Loughton grew into an important stop with coaching inns. Maitland, whose family held the manor for much of the 19th century.The most significant of the great houses of this period, built as country retreats for wealthy City merchants and courtiers, was Loughton Hall, owned by Mary Tudor two months before she became Queen Mary of England in 1553, and later by the Wroth family from 1578 to 1738. 1576 – 1614) and his wife Lady Mary Wroth (1587 – c. It is now a Veecare Homes care home and is a grade II listed building.Much of the housing in Loughton was built in the Victorian and Edwardian eras, with significant expansion in the 1930s.Loughton was a fashionable place for artistic and scientific residents in Victorian and Edwardian times, and a number of prominent residents were renowned socialists, nonconformists, and social reformers.The railway first came to Loughton in 1856 when the Eastern Counties Railway, (later the Great Eastern Railway), opened a branch line via Woodford.In 1948 the line was electrified and transferred to London Transport to become part of the Central line on the London Underground.For groups in Latin America, see barra brava and torcida organizada.
Expansion towards the River Roding was arrested owing to the often flooding marshy meadows, encroachments into the forest to the north and west of the village were nevertheless possible.Loughton artist Octavius Dixie Deacon depicted many scenes of the town including some of its residents during the late Victorian period.As the Great Eastern Railway Company did not offer workmen's fares, the town's development was of a middle-class character.Loughton includes three conservation areas and there are 56 listed buildings in the town, together with a further 50 that are locally listed.The parish of Loughton covers an area of about 3,724 acres (15 km), but in 1996 some parts of the south of the old parish were transferred to Buckhurst Hill parish, and other small portions to Chigwell and Theydon Bois.
After the Epping Forest Act of 1878 prohibited any further expansion of the town into the forest, the forest and the river have formed two natural barriers constraining any expansion westwards or eastwards, and consequently most of the growth in the last 100 years has been through infilling and construction of new housing estates to the north and south of the old town centre, plus the purpose-built suburb of Debden to the north-east.